Complete your background check for your insurance licence application
The Insurance Council of BC has partnered with ScreeningCanada to provide an accessible online option for criminal record checks required for BC insurance licence applications. By completing this request, you acknowledge that your results will be shared with Insurance Council of BC.
- Enter your information on the right to get started.
- You will then be required to submit payment in order to proceed to a background check.
- You will be asked to provide your residence in the last two years and/or a government issued photo ID to verify your identification..
- You will then be redirected to provide consent for the background check.
- Check your email for a link to return to your ScreeningCanada profile page at any time to view your status.
- Once completed, return to the Insurance Council portal to finish your application and indicate that you have completed your Criminal Record Check through ScreeningCanada.
By entering and interacting with this site (ScreeningCanada), you understand that you are no longer interacting or viewing the Insurance Council website and have been re-directed to the ModoHR ScreeningCanada website, a website not managed by and not within the responsibility of the Insurance Council. The Insurance Council gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy, or the completeness of the information and materials contained in this website. Under no circumstances will the Insurance Council be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever (including and without limitation any direct or indirect damages for loss of profits, business interruption or loss of information) resulting or arising directly or indirectly from your uses of or inability to use this website or any websites linked to it, or from your reliance on the information and materials on this website, even if the Insurance Council has been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance.